8 quick tips for an engaging Playful Worship experience
- Keep it fun—children learn best when they are having fun.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare. When you are prepared, you can focus on what matters most – the people in your room.
- Parent involvement and interaction is essential—remove chairs and have everyone on the floor. Just try it and see what happens!
- Seat everyone in a circle on the floor (cushions help a lot). Circles are great because they create a sense of community, the keep the focus within the group and they provide a structure where there is no hierarchy—we are all equal!
- KISS principle—keep is simple sweetheart. Focus on one element at a time.
- Repetition is essential. Many songs can be used for an entire quarter. Some for a whole year. (The program suggestions with this resource will give you an idea).
- Positive musical experiences create emotional bonds. Include a “cuddle time” whenever possible.
- Remember, your enthusiasm is contagious!
Want to dig deeper? Click below.
So how do “playful” and “worship” mix together? Children learn through play! When children are having fun, this is the best environment for them to learn, worship and grow in.